- Our Story
- Inflatable Products
- Promotional Products
Inflatable Products – FAQ
Does Inflate Africa only rent the inflatables? Or can I purchase customized inflatables?
We are here to suit your preferences! While we strongly encourage our clients to rent the inflatables, you can definitely buy from us as well. It is possible to rent and/or buy customized inflatables. Let’s talk, and we can figure out what is best for you!
Do inflatables need constant airflow? How does it stay inflated?
It depends. Cold-air inflatables do require a constant source of airflow. They come complete with a blower that should be kept running while the inflatable is in use. Air-sealed inflatables do not require a source of airflow. These products are great for indoor display. Helium inflatables are air-sealed and must be filled with helium to remain afloat. The helium will need to be replenished every three to five days.
How is the blower attached?
That depends on the type of inflatable you have. For Air Dancers, the material is attached to the blower with a strong velcro. For all other products, the product is connected to the blower and then sealed with rope. Sometimes the inflatable comes with an internal blower.
Is it easy to setup my inflatable product?
Generally, yes! Of course, we recommend that you use our professional staff to handle setups and deflation, as this will extend the lifespan of your inflatable. However, if you choose to personally setup your inflatable, we are happy to provide you with a free training session.
How do I maintain our inflatable?
It isn’t hard to keep your inflatables in good shape. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Keep your inflatable away from sharp objects to prevent punctures and tears.
2. Always completely deflate your inflatable before storing it.
3. Be sure your inflatable is completely dry before storing it to prevent the development of mold or mildew.
4. Store your inflatable in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to prevent fading.
5. Each year, do a quick inspection of the blower and inflatable to be sure they are not in need of repairs.
Does Inflate Africa have staff to setup on weekends if needed?
Yes, but availability depends on the site location. It is best to schedule service ahead of time, as a premium is charged for last-minute notices.
How will the inflatable be tied down?
Standard ropes of significant strength are used to tie the inflatable down. These ropes require the ability to tie marine knots to ensure they stay secure.
How do I best prevent damage to the inflatable product?
1. If winds are greater than 20 mph, check the inflatable regularly to ensure it is still securely anchored. In most instances, you’ll want to deflate your inflatable until the conditions become more favorable.
2. Don’t leave deflated balloons on rooftops. Once you’ve deflated your balloon be sure to carefully pack it and store it in a safe shelter.
3. Don’t pack your inflatable when wet. Bacteria and mould can eat away the material and cause holes as well as awful odours.
How long will my Inflate Africa inflatable product last me?
When the inflatables are properly maintained and well kept, they can last for years! However, it is imperative that you follow our installation, deflation, and storage instructions. This will extend your product’s lifespan.
Is there a warranty on Inflate Africa inflatable products?
Yes! Each product comes with a six-month warranty under normal wear-and-tear conditions.
Does a repair kit come with the purchase?
Of course. The repair kit is suitable for minor cuts and tears to the inflatable. For large punctures and issues, give us a call. We are happy to help!